Welcome to Diana's Blog

I blog about anything that interests me - my local area, things I've seen or heard on the news, politics and human rights, gardening, arts and crafts, poetry, photographs and general advice.

And, when you've finished reading, don't forget to leave a comment - I love hearing from people



Sunday 11 September 2011

Favorites of the 1950's

The Music of the 1950's
Elvis Jailhouse Rock
Elvis Jailhouse Rock
Buy This Allposters.com

Let me take you through a snapshot view of the 1950's, a view skewed by the fact that I was not even a teenager in 1950, and by 1959 I was already a mother.
Too much happened in those post-war years to give you all the cultural, historical and political details, so these are just a few of my own musical memories which stood out.
It was the decade when Pop Music and Rock 'n Roll really took off but there was other good music too. And we played records on the gramaphone or radiogram.

1950s,rock,music,rocknroll,records,vinyl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a Comment - I love to hear from people all round the world