Welcome to Diana's Blog

I blog about anything that interests me - my local area, things I've seen or heard on the news, politics and human rights, gardening, arts and crafts, poetry, photographs and general advice.

And, when you've finished reading, don't forget to leave a comment - I love hearing from people



Wednesday 14 September 2011

Beetroot Soup or Borscht Recipe

Borscht is a popular Eastern European and Jewish dish, made with seasonal beetroots, which makes it very cheap, as well as being nutritious. It makes a good vegetarian meal, as no meat is used, and it is so easy to make, because there are very few ingredients - just beetroot, lemon, salt, sugar, egg yolk and either yogurt, cream, or milk.

There are many different ways to make borscht, and this recipe is the way my mother used to make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a Comment - I love to hear from people all round the world