Welcome to Diana's Blog

I blog about anything that interests me - my local area, things I've seen or heard on the news, politics and human rights, gardening, arts and crafts, poetry, photographs and general advice.

And, when you've finished reading, don't forget to leave a comment - I love hearing from people



Tuesday 12 July 2011

English Tongue Twisters

A tongue twister is a set of words which are specifically designed to be difficult to say. English has some difficult sounds to get your tongue round, and tongue twisters are good training.

They are particularly helpful to public speakers, such as actors, lawyers, and people who give corporate presentations, speeches and lectures.

The tongue twister will also help you if you are a student of English as a Second Language (ESL Students), giving you practice in improving your English pronunciation.

Ten tongue twisters, ranging from the world's most difficult tongue twister, to fairly easy ones. One or two are in verse, and there is even one I made up myself. Try them, and have a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a Comment - I love to hear from people all round the world